Registration & Refund Policy:
As a 501c3 non-profit organization, the Gunnison Arts Center (GAC) has the following policies in place to ensure the viability of the organization:
Enrolling at the Gunnison Arts Center constitutes your agreement that GAC cannot be held liable for any act or injury, illness, death, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may occur during the course of any program or event, including open studio time. Personal effects, artwork and art supplies are the students’ sole responsibility at all times.
GAC reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any program or terminate any student’s enrollment in the event of unreasonable or disruptive conduct or failing to follow GAC’s policies and rules.
Pre-registration and payment is required for all educational courses at the GAC.
PUBLICITY WAIVER: Unless otherwise informed, GAC considers photographs taken on-site of students, members, faculty, volunteers or their artwork to be permissible for publication in GAC promotional materials and grant funding, including electronic formats.
Course Cancellation & Refund Policy:
Covid-19 Refunds: We kindly ask that before you request a refund for event tickets or class registration due to the cancelation because of the coronavirus, you wait for a reschedule date to be announced. For those patrons who know they cannot attend at a later date, you may consider it a donation to the GAC, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund or an exchange. Please allow up to 4 weeks to process a refund check during this time. ~ Thank you for your attention and understanding.
When courses are canceled by the GAC:
When the GAC must cancel a course for any reason (weather, low registration), 100% of Course tuition and fees will be refunded to the student. Low enrolled courses will be canceled at least 24 hours in advance. Every effort will be made to reschedule courses canceled due to weather.
For Cancellations Requested by Students:
When a student cannot attend a course and cancels his/her/their registration
- Refunds will be issued ONLY for cancellation requests received by the REGISTRATION DEADLINE. A $10 processing fee will be withheld from your refund.
- Materials Fee is non-refundable if your course had one.
- Class Transfer Policy: There will be a $5 fee for course transfers. Transfer requests must be received at least 5 days prior to the start of your course. In lieu of a monetary refund, students may transfer into another course if it is available. If the tuition and fees of the newly selected course total more than the canceled registration, the student is responsible for the difference and owes the balance before the transfer is finalized. If the tuition and fees of the selected course total less than the canceled registration, no credit or refund is given for the difference.
- Refunds/Credits are NOT given for student absences. A student may not make up missed classes, unless otherwise noted from the course instructor.
- NO refunds will be given if a substitute artist teaches a class due to the temporary absence of the scheduled instructor.
If your request is outside the required timeframe, or if you simply prefer to convert your tuition payment to a donation, we will gladly issue a charitable donation acknowledgment letter by your request in lieu of a refund or transfer.
Memberships to the GAC are non-refundable. Renewal will land on the day that you purchased your membership. You will receive an email from the GAC that your membership is due a month prior to your renewal date.
Event Registration & Ticket Holders – Cancellation & Refund Policy:
All sales are final for ticketed events unless otherwise noted.
- When the GAC must cancel an event for any reason (weather, low registration), 100% of registration and fees will be refunded to the guest. Every effort will be made to reschedule events canceled due to weather.
- What events does this include: Plays, concerts, films, literary readings, dance performances, special events, and fundraising events.
- Tickets will not be refunded to Benefit events under any circumstances: Annual Gala and SonofaGunn Annual Play.
AND Series Event Registration:
- Pre-registration and payment is required for all Art themed AND Series Events.
- The GAC will issue refunds for AND Series registration minus a $10 admin fee 24 hours prior to the Event, and will not issue refunds the day of the event or after the event has commenced.
To Request a Refund:
Please email Karolina Szumilas, Program Manager at email@example.com.
Stop by or call our office at 970-641-4029 at least 5 days prior to the start of the course to speak with our registration staff. In your message, please include the name of the course you wish to drop and a brief explanation for your request. GAC reserves the right to refuse any refund request (except on canceled classes by the GAC).
Refunds will be made to the student by check. Please allow up to 2 weeks for refunds to be processed, while checks may take up to 4 weeks for processing.