Mondays, 6:00 – 8:00 pm. November 8 – December 6. (No class 11/22)
Learn to design and knit a hat in this four week course. Artist and instructor, Susan Crawford, will explain the key elements of hat design to help you create your own unique styles and patterns. Minimum 4 students to run. This course is intended for advanced students only. Supplies not included, please check our website and/or your confirmation email for required supplies.
- Yarn for one hat (100gms);
- 16” circular needle that you can knit to the gauge required by your yarn choice (everyone knits a little differently, so it’s not always the size stated on the yarn);
- 1 set of double pointed needles the same size OR a second 16” circular needle the same size;
- Tape measure;
- Cable needle;
- Large tapestry needle;
- A swatch already knitted, at least 2”x 2” (very important to complete project in four days);
- Notebook and pencil/pen;
- Calculator (nice to have but not necessary); and
- Any knitting stitch books that you might have.
Instructor: Susan Crawford. $62/student, $52.50/members.
*The health and safety of our community is of the utmost importance to the GAC. All GAC users are highly encourged to wear mask coverings for indoor classes and events, particularly for children under the age of 12. The Gunnison Arts Center is following county health regulations and updates closely to ensure the safety of our patrons and staff.